- The Migratory Birds Program
- Bird of the Month
- How You Can Help
- State of the Birds Report
- Engage with Birds
- Experience Birds
Get our monthly e-newsletter filled with eco-tips and info on the places you care about most.
Experience and Engage With Birds
Learn about The Nature Conservancy's Migratory Birds Program and find out how you can help our fine-feathered friends.
Birds are a priceless part of our heritage. They are not only a delight to observe, classify and photograph, but they also serve as bellwethers of our natural and cultural health. Bird are indicators of the integrity of the environments that provide us with clean air and water, fertile soils and abundant wildlife.
There has never been a more urgent time than now to support migratory birds — for the protection of their future, as well as our own. The Nature Conservancy's Migratory Bird Program helps to ensure that conservation efforts appropriately address the special habitat needs of wide-ranging and migratory birds.
- Learn about The Nature Conservancy's Migratory Birds Program — See how your support is helping to protect the habitat that migratory birds need to survive.
- Support Migratory Birds — You can help support our migratory birds conservation work and make a difference for birds and for the environment.
- Read about the Bird of the Month — Join Dave Mehlman, director of The Nature Conservancy's Migratory Bird Program, as he answers questions about a different species of bird each month.
- Stay informed about birds — View our breakthrough State of the Birds report on the declining populations of birds in the United States.
- Help birds in your own backyard — Here are a few things you can do right now and every day to help protect birds.
Get Involved with Birds
Whether you’re a casual birdwatcher or a seasoned professional, you are invited to view and share your favorite birding experiences with us.
- Always wanted to start birding? Here are four easy steps to get you on your way and your binoculars pointed to the sky.
- Explore our interactive map of critical bird habitats in the United States and the rare birds we are trying to protect.
- View our top birding hot spots map and submit your own favorite places to birdwatch.
- Make a gift to the Migratory Bird Program and help protect thousands of bird species throughout the Americas.
For the casual birdwatcher:
- Save hummingbird habitat when you give friends and family the gift of nature. Perfect for any occasion!
- View beautiful images birds submitted by members of our online Flickr™ community, or submit your own bird photos.
- Send e-cards of beautiful bird photos taken by e-members to your friends and family!
- Download bird wallpaper for your desktop or get a new screensaver with gorgeous bird images.