Nature in Focus: 2013 Digital Photo Contest
Submit Images with Instagram™
Not Familiar with Instagram™?
Instagram™ is an online photo sharing app that is a fun and quirky way to share your life with friends, photographers, nature lovers and the world through a series of pictures. You can submit photos to the Nature in Focus contest by using the hashtag #PhotoContestTNC13 and by following the contest rules. Please use the directions below to submit your images to the 2013 Photo Contest if you need assistance.
Enter Your Contest Photos using Instagram™
To add a photo to Instagram™ for the Digital Photo Contest, just follow these easy steps:
- Download the Instagram app from iTunes or directly from the App Store on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad or from the Google Play store on your Android device.
- Launch the Instagram app by tapping its icon from your device’s home screen.
- Click the “Sign up” button at the bottom of your screen and enter your email, username, password, phone number (optional), and upload a photo (optional) to create your account.
- Click the “Share” tab will allow you to snap photos or select photos from your device’s photo albums.
- Click the camera icon in the center to snap a photo. (This requires a device with a camera such as the iPhone or an Android phone.) You can also click the small icon on the bottom right to enable and disable your device’s flash, if supported. Alternatively, click the layered photo icon from the bottom left to select a photo from your photo albums.
- Apply a filter for your photo.
- Describe your photo and tag it with the hashtag #PhotoContestTNC13 in the caption field.
- Tag your location with the "Add to Photo Map" icon in the "ON" position.
- Tag people in the photo.
- Select sharing options across 6 social networks.
- Select Share in the upper right corner of the app to Share your photo.
- You'll see your photo in the feed with the hashtag #PhotoContestTNC13 appear after a minute.
That's it! You're entered.
Legal Details // Your Rights
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit — including ownership if applicable — other than those rights licensed in the next sentence.
By submitting your photo using #PhotoContestTNC13, you hereby grant to The Nature Conservancy (i) a nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and publicly perform the photographs you submit to The Nature Conservancy, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
Looking for more details? Check out the official rules and legal conditions of the competition.
We look forward to seeing your photos!